Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wake up late, run to work

I ran last night with Reno but didn't write about it.  It was about as bad as I have felt on run in a long time.  We only ran a smidgen over 3 miles and I called it a night.  I just felt lightheaded, not really sure how to explain it.  It was how I think I would feel if my blood sugar was off.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't oversleep.  I never set an alarm and make it everywhere on time.  Today, was a different story.  Teresa and I woke up a 6:55 when we were supposed to be at Grays Lake 7:00.  I suppose it is a sign that I needed the rest.  I was having the weird dream again about a half white, half pink monkey / gorilla that I befriended.  The bad news, I had run on my own now, without my new monkey gorilla friend.  He is pretty fast though.

It is almost exactly 10 miles from my house to my office and a pretty good route too.  Teresa had a few things to do at work so I ran there.

Sadly, I didn't feel any better than yesterday.  I had a cold sweat and had a bit of the chills.  My thought was just run through it and hope to feel better.  I didn't feel any better, or worse.  My pace was right at 7:00 minutes...just under 7:01.

I would rather feel bad today than next week.  I will chalk it up to a bad day and hope that is it.

Teresa picked me up at the office and we went to La Mie.  Another good meal there with Mrs Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment