Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mile Repeats

It is getting hotter again.  Last week the track was nice and cool, today it was hot and humid.  The speed didn't come quite as easy as last week.  But we got it done.

I wanted to run my mile repeats at 5:50 pace.  I averaged about that, but got there a unique way.  The first mile was the fastest at 5:37, then settled nicely into a 5:50, slipped a bit to 6:00 flat, and then gathered myself for a 5:47.

In between the mile repeats I jogged an 800 at an easy pace to keep the legs moving the whole time.

There were bugs all over the track that ended up stuck in my chest hair.  Yet another failed look for me.  At least someone loves me...

Got home and had some chicken, some corn, and a little potatoes.  I miss coca cola and french fries.  I wonder if they miss me?

No comments:

Post a Comment