Saturday, September 5, 2009

Last Twenty...for a while

Another good day of weather, another good day to run.  We have been really lucky with the cooler temps this year.

Today's run was 20 miles as you can tell from my uncreative title.  Almost as uncreative as the route we ran today.  Grays lake to I-80 via the Greenbelt traillllllllll...sorry, I was yawning.

If you can't tell, I am not a big fan of running on the greenbelt.  It is too flat, too curvy, too shady, too boring.  But it was the route today, so off we went.

I ran the first half pretty controlled at around 7:26 pace.  I ran the first mile with Nick and Curtis.  We tracked Feldman and the Sandman down (at a blazing 7:52 pace) and ran the next mile or so together.  No one seemed all that interested in going any faster so Feldman and I picked it up a bit.  Feldman ran to the 6 mile point with me and turned back.  I have a feeling she dropped the hammer after dropping me.  From that point on, I was on my own.  The next four miles were nice and steady.

One the way back was a different story.  The way back is slightly downhill overall.  Again, it is very flat but the last five miles go down a bit.  I averaged 6:40 on the way back and it felt pretty good.  I tried to do negative splits and did a fair job of it.  My Garmin info is HERE.

Teresa did great as usual.  Nick, Lizzie, and Carol came in strong.  Sammo the Gimp did nice too running his 18 miles on a bum leg.  Too bad he got some one's GU on his shorts.  Creepy.  I bought Reno some shirts at Younkers...does that make me creepy?

Some bagels, some G2, a nice Recovery Drink from Fuel, and that wraps up the morning.

Going to a friends house tonight for a cookout and some REEBS.  Looking forward to unwinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment