Saturday, September 26, 2009

24 hours...tick tock

Well, almost right at 24 hours until the Quad City Marathon.  We are heading to the QC in about an hour, just need to drop House off at the kennel.

My folks are going to Lisa's house today in Madison, I hope to cross paths with them before they leave.

The weather looks okay tomorrow.  The start of the race should be in the 50s and end in the 60s.  The wind will be a bit of a concern.  It is supposed to be about 5 mph ssw at the start and increase.  By the time the race is over it could be 15+ mph.  That's a good motivator to finish fast.

I feel pretty good.  The hammy is okay, the shin / ankle has been rested and should be okay too.  My Boston qualy time is 3:15.  I think I can do that.  I haven't been this unsure of my fitness in a long time.  I can't explain it.

This last week has been tough...not running.  I am ready to go.  All this rest is making me antsy.  Antsy pantsy.

Wish me luck...I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job today, dude. You rocked the house. Blew the Boston Qualifying time out of the water!

    -Nick

    ReplyDelete