Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trail running

Today I went trail running with Nick and Lizzie for about 6 miles.  We were going to do hill repeats by Ashworth pool, but we saw that there were some good trails just off the road.  After a 10 minute warm up, we decided to check out the trails.

I am guessing that it was about a mile from one side to the other...or from the bottom of the path back to the pool area.  This turned out to be really good training for Pikes Peak.  There lots of little climbs and turns everywhere.  It was amazing how much slower we were going just from trail running.  I think my Garmin was about to explode with all the switchbacks and elevation changes.

The Garmin said we were running 10:00 pace, but I would bet it was closer to 9:00.  Looking at the output from Garmin Connect is comical.  

It was a good run today.  I look forward to going back and running some more, or taking the bike next time.

Here is the URL for the Garmin info...http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10591842

No comments:

Post a Comment