Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reno 811

Yeah, lame title to the post I know.  But I ran 8 ish miles with Reno today, so it sounded good when I said it to myself.

After the 20 miles yesterday I wanted to get 10 miles in today to see how it felt.  Practice running with tired legs.

I talked Reno in to running with me.  He didn't make the run yesterday because apparently he has a personal life and doesn't obsess about running.  Good for him.  Well, I talked Reno in to running 10 miles at 5:00 p.m., and Reno talked me into running 8.4 miles with him at 5:15.

So, long blog short...Reno and I ran part of yesterday's run for a total of 8.4 miles at 8:02 pace.  We ran from Gays lake to Habib and A-Wad's house.  Once at HabWad's house we drove Mo back to Grays.

The run felt good, Reno ran lights out.  It was a tough route (hilly) and my old tired legs did okay.  Reno should be happy with his effort...he did good.

I thought about going to a movie with Reno and Chadly, but the show (District 9) didn't start until 9:00.  I am defiantly too old for that.

Garmin info on the run here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I've got to get me one of those watches. Brooks, my birthday is in a couple of weeks - that's what you can get me.

    The wings AND chili fries were especially good.

    ReplyDelete