Saturday, August 8, 2009

Striders 12

I took Friday off from running and mowed the yard. That's how exciting my time off is.

This morning I ran 12 miles with the Capital Striders group. Quick Pikes Peak group update...

Curtis ran 12 as well, mostly on his own, although I think he may have run the first half with a dude named Tag.

Nick and Lizzie ran 10 miles. 8 miles were on the trail and the last two were around the lake.

Reno showed up late (what?) and I think he ended up doing around 10 as well.

Teresa ran 16 by running past the golf course and made great time.

I got stuck running with Feldman and was rewarded with a much harder run than I had intended. My plan was to go easy at 7:30 - 7:45 pace. This is my last real run before Pikes, but there was no need to over do it...but I did. Feldman is getting scary fast.

We started out nice and easy with a 7:55 followed by a couple of 7:30s. By mile four it was just me and Feldman and we started to pick it up. The next 6 miles were all under 7:10 pace with 2 of those miles at 6:53. It felt pretty good, but I was nervous about running hard only a week out.

With two to go I knew I needed to slow down so I did, and Feldman took off. I ran the last 2 miles at 7:24 and 7:15. For the total 12 miles I averaged 7:16 and Feldman held an impressive 7:05.

Teresa and I met Nick, Lizzie, and Sam over at the Waveland Cafe...good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment