Sunday, August 16, 2009

I finished

I will do a more complete post when I get back to Des Moines, but I thought I would just take a minute to send an update.

The race was harder than I thought...and easier than I thought. I know this sounds silly, but I was caught off guard by how steep the first three miles were. There was no break from the inclines. My calves were killing me at mile two. I thought I was going to be a very long day. I felt like a "faltlander" from miles one.

I finished at 3:32:02 which was pretty close to my goal. That put me in the top 20% which is cool. Nick finished in a very strong 3:46:00, Curtis ran great with around a 4:05:00, Sam came in with 4:58:00, and Lizzie finished at 5:05:00. Everyone did really well and had a great time.

The last mile and half mile were brutal. Nothing wanted to work, including my brain. I had to tell myself to keep moving, keep breathing, and don't look down.

Sam and I ran 8 miles this morning at an easy 8:30 pace. There are a lot of great trails in Colorado Springs. It was cool to see Pikes Peak in the distance and know that we raced up it yesterday.

I will post pictures and more details tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment