Monday, August 24, 2009

Too much Tempo

Uggh.  Today's run hurt.  I get a rest day tomorrow, so I thought about that when it got tough.  It got tough in the second mile by the way.

I ran my "old" 8 mile route that I ran quite a bit last year training for the Dallas Marathon.  It starts out nice and flat and gets very hilly right through the middle.

I ran the first mile at 7:10...that was the last mile over 7:00 pace.  Six of the eight miles were under 6:35 pace.  I struggled through a 6:48 5th mile.  It had some big uphill sections that wore me down.

Today felt good, even though I was outside my "comfort zone" most of the time.  Tomorrow is an off day.  Teresa and I are going out to dinner with the Maddens at Mojo.  I am looking forward to it.

See my Garmin info on today's run here.

No comments:

Post a Comment