Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, it is official.  I have tendonitis and something else called tenosynovitis.  Just a fancy medical way to say that  have strained my tendon, it is swollen, and so is everything around it.  Including the tendon skin.  It isn't really called "tendon skin", I just can't remember the real term.

So what does all of this mean?  No running for 2-6 weeks.  2 weeks if I am super lucky and twice as awesome as I think I am.  Probably 4 weeks if I do everything I need to do to recover properly.  Six weeks if I am a dummy and try to do too much to soon...and re-injure it.

I didn't take the news too well this morning.  I have been on a good run and felt poised to drop some good times.  This changes things a bit.  No worries though...(now)  I will do what I have to do and be rocking it by mid July.

Okay enough of that.  Teresa, Kristy, and me hit the pool and did some water jogging.  I don't think I was doing it right before.  It was a lot harder today.  (shut up Curtis)  We did some intervals and were in the water for about an hour.   The workout would have lasted longer but Kristy was too busy flirting with the boys...or boy...or Mark.

I started with an easy swim, and closed with an easy swim.

After the gym Teresa and I met Curtis, Delsin, and Kristy at Saints.  They have really good Garlic Fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment