Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tough Day

The good news is that I did not have to run in the rain, delay my run because of the rain, or not run at all because of the rain.  I was about to Google the blueprints for the Arc.  Okay, I did Google this.  I already have two Whippets and a pig.  This is a 30 Cubits model.  Not sure what a Cubit is?

I felt less than great on the run today.  I felt like Homer...

Probably because I started out way too fast.  The first mile was a bit under 7 minute pace (6:53).  The Second mile was 6:36.  About a quarter mile into the 3rd mile I felt really light headed and weak.  (yeah, weaker than normal).  So I slowed it down and closed that mile at 7:11.  The fourth mile was a different story...7:57 pace.  Bliggity Blammo.

Then I got my second wind for mile 5 & 6, and I dropped back under 7:00 pace.  Today was a goofy day.  I ended up averaging 7:10 for the 6.2 miles.  Not bad all things considered.

Came home and mowed the yard.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like we slow you down. Do you ever think you could be faster if you got some faster training partners?
    --KF

    ReplyDelete