Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Physical Therapy

I should change the name of this blog to "Chris Brooks Rehab".  I am still nursing a sore / strained lower ab.  Today was the first day back running at the gym.

I thought the blog would be a good way for me to track my progress.

Today felt pretty good.  I was supposed to keep my pain at a "5".  I think I did that.

The pain started on my left side and moved to the left.  The location was very specific.  I was still a bit sore from PT today.  The deep tissue massage made things more sore than usual.

I ran 4 miles in 30 minutes

  • walked the first 2 minutes
  • .70 miles at 7.5 mph
  • 1.2 miles at 8.0 mph
  • 1 mile at 8.5 mph
  • .5 miles at 9.0 mph
  • .25 miles at 9.5 mph
  • .25 miles at 10.0 mph
I am writing this almost 2 hours after the run and I feel good.  I do feel the ab but the pain is low.  Ice and Advil are on the docket for tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow goes well too...

No comments:

Post a Comment