Saturday, March 13, 2010

Perfect Ten

No, not me.  Thank you for thinking I was a perfect ten.  Sadly, I am a only a solid 9.85.

We ran a bit over 10 miles at a "medium hard" pace.  It wasn't perfect but it went better than expected.  It was also faster than I expected.  We rolled out the first mile at just under 8:00.  After than we kept getting faster.

I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat wondering how the abdomen felt.  It's hard to answer...it felt strained the entire time, but good.  My form was good and my breathing was good.  The more I can relax, the better it felt.

Feldman, Downs, Swisher, and I hung together for the first 8 miles.  Feldman was putting pressure on us and pressing the pace.  With each mile our pace got quicker and quicker.  The last two miles we dropped down to low 7's, with the last mile at 7:03.

For the whole run we ended with 10.25 miles at 7:20 pace.  The last mile I could really feel the ab burning.  The good news is that is felt good after the run.

Thank you to Feldman for breakfast!  I "forgot" my wallet.  Swisher ate 22,000 calories at Palmers.  What a display.

Oh yeah, Nick put in 20 miles today.  He looked good.  Nice work!

No comments:

Post a Comment