Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Raccoon route

I didn't think there was a way to make the Raccoon River run any different.  But, somehow it did.

When Teresa and I took House to the park over the weekend (at Raccoon River Park) we spotted a trail behind the dog park that ran off of the main trail I usually run.  There is nothing too special about it other than it is a true "trail", and no one runs back there. It only goes about a mile out, and a mile back.  All of that adds up to a 5 mile loop instead of the 3.2 mile loop.

I felt good today, I averaged 6:46 pace for the run...but ran 6:39 for the first 3 miles and then backed off. My calves are still a bit sore, but the ankle deal has not been bothering me.  Yeah!

Garmin info on my run HERE .

In case you are on the edge of your seat wondering if I am doing the North Face 50 miler...I am not.  I just can't get the motivation to do it.  I have put my body through enough these last few months. It should be a good time to heal and relax.

I need to find my next goal.  Until then, my goal is to stay in shape and have some fun running again.

2 comments:

  1. That's good, i suppose, you have accomplisehed several goals this year already. no more blog then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...that train actually hooks up with another over there somewhere I do believe.

    KF

    ReplyDelete