Saturday, October 3, 2009

10 miles to nowhere

Met the Capital Striders again this less than perfect Saturday.  Teresa was the smart one and stayed home to "rest and recover" from the marathon.

The route was to run 12 miles of the Des Moines Marathon course.  Curtis took off like a rocket...not sure if it was something I said.  I didn't see him again until the run was over.  Sam was late.  Really, yes really.  Nick and I just hung back and plugged along.  This was Lizzie's last long run until her big Marathon.

When we got back to Grand Ave, my calves were very sore.  I decided to cut back and shave a few miles off.

Back to Grays Lake I had 10 miles in at just a touch below 8 minute miles.  Not bad.

Then we went to La Mie as usual.  I picked Teresa up and we met Curtis, Feldman, Delsin, and Pete.  It was packed but well worth it.  Good food, good people, good times!

1 comment:

  1. How come I'm the only one you call by a last name? It's always "Feldman" Is it because I'm a girl? That's crap. "Fight like a girl"

    ReplyDelete