Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year - 2010

Happy New Year runners!  I haven't posted anything in a while mostly because there has been little to write about.  I have been running 2-5 times a week, 4-6 miles, indoors for the most part.

A quick look back sheds light on what was not that great of a year.

I didn't run Dallas that well.  Went out too fast and got killed by the wind.
I didn't finish Grandma's.  Just wasn't my day, heat got to me.
I didn't run Dam to Dam very well.  Went out right on pace and tanked at the end.
I did okay at Bix.  Ran my 4th fastest Bix...felt like I could have done better.
Pike's Peak was fair.  I was 10 minutes slower than I wanted to run...and think I could have.
The Quad Cities Marathon was good.  Ran one of the best all around races for me.

So, what would I like to see in 2010?

Nashville Marathon - 3:14:00 - good way to start the season
Dam to Dam - 1:21:59 - my best is 1:25:50
Bix 7 - 41:59 - my best is 43:24
Pike's Peak Marathon - under 5 hours - up in 3 hours, down in 2 hours
Quad Cities Marathon - 2:55:00 - this is the qualifying time for the New York Marathon

That would be a darn good year.  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment