Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More Hills

I was supposed to do a track work out with some of my fellow Pikes Peakers today.  My legs are tired from racing 7 miles on Saturday and three straight days of hard running.  I just didn't think I would get a quality track workout in.  I hope some of the other Peakers got their workout in.

So I went to Booneville to run easy hills.  Is there such a thing as "easy hills"?  With just over two weeks to go, I need all the help I can get.  I started at the Bottom of Ute road where it intersects with Grand Ave.  At the end of this post is a link to my workout with a map.

The first hill is .65 miles from bottom to the top.  I tried to keep my pace going uphill at 8:00 and 7:30 going down.  Traffic was a bit rough...this road is narrow and there a lot of blind turns.  Some people just chose not to get over when they drove by me  Nice.

I then ran to where Ute intersects with I-80 which is 2.75 miles.  I turned around there and headed back.  There are three downhills and three uphills back to the start.  I was feeling pretty good and ended up averaging just 7:30 for the whole run.  When I got back tot he start I ran around the block (literally "the block" there is only one in Booneville) and ended at 6 miles.

Overall not a bad run.  I just hope my legs feel better tomorrow...rest day on Friday!!

here is more info on my run  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10050691  

No comments:

Post a Comment