Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mardi Gras Half Marathon

First race of the year is done.  I can't say much about it other than it's done and time to move on to the next one.  1:24:41


Race details from Garmin are here Mardi Gras Half Marathon by brookch at Garmin Connect - Details

I have big hopes for this year and I guess this is a reasonable start.  Here are a couple of fun facts about the race.


1.  First 5 miles in 31:43
2.  Last 5 miles in 32:44
3.  First 20K in 1:20:16 - the exact time I ran the Dam 2 Dam 20K in last year.
4.  Missed my half marathon PR by 12 seconds
5.  Missed placing in my age group by 1 minute
6.  Got called out at the starting line by some jerk-off for wearing last years Brooks racing get up

2 comments:

  1. So does this mean we never have to see your bright yellow tank top with your name on it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check your email about the Brooks racing gear for this year. Seriously, check your email. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete